Saturday, August 1, 2009

Greetings from Southeastern Homeschooling Conference

It is a delight to be at a conference where so many parents are looking for creative, educational materials for their children. Perhaps because they are "going to school" with their children everyday, they are more critical in their choices, or at least more interested.

Every time I come to one of these shows/conferences/exhibits I learn something new. Yesterday's lesson was, "Don't count on music in the conference room unless you plan to sing!" While they had a projector to hook my computer into, the only sound came via the microphone. Fortunately, I always have lots to say, so we managed without music, and I simply invited everyone down to our booth to listen on my good Bose noise-canceling headphones. For today's lecture, I will bring my own speakers. :-)

Many people now saying, "I have heard about you," purchasing the entire series after listening, and eagerly awaiting The Tortoise and the Hare that comes out this month.

Pictures to follow. (Another lesson: bring the camera card reader!)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Post comment here: