Saturday, December 17, 2011

Royal Festival Hall - LPO Christmas Concert


Christmas Concert 2011 - Royal Festival Hall
with London Philharmonic Orchestra
the orchestra that with whom we record all the Maestro Classics CDs

Our last evening was a business trip to hear the London Philharmonic Orchestra Chorus at Royal Festival Hall. The new very hot pop opera singer, Russell Watson, was their star attraction for this benefit concert for The Prince's Trust, Prince Charles' Trust that is devoted to providing education and training for disadvantaged youth. A quick trip to Harrod's provided a comb with magnificent feathers that enabled me to attend this fancy event. This sell-out event with stage filled with orchestra, chorus, backup singers, Russell himself, plus flood lights, decorations, Christmas trees, and (to my astonishment) HUGE flame throwers to add a bit of drama (I could feel the heat of these 30-foot high shots of fire on my face in the 2nd row - I confess that I did check for the location of the emergency exits as they began), was quite a spectacle.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Post comment here: